As I mentioned in previous post I am participating in “Daj się poznać” contest. The goal of the contest is to implement any project and document it’s development process by blogging.
I came up with an idea of creating my own simple JVM language and compiler (because why the hell not)?
The language is called Enkel, which means “simple” in swedish.
The reasons why I decided to go with language running on JVM are:
- JVM specification is very well documented.
- JVM languages can be mixed with each other - Enkel will be able to use Java libraries.
- I know Java fairly well (lexer,parser and compiler will be written in this language).
- There are some good Java libraries for manipulating bytecode.
- There are many things to “improve” in Java language.
Over the next 10 weeks I will be describing the implementation process, so stay tuned.